Are you looking for ideas for a custom home entertainment center? Typically these pieces are This is the area where family members most often gather to relax and have fun. You’ll need something that suits your style and complements the space.
A custom home entertainment center is defined differently from cabinet built-ins flanking a fireplace column. A custom entertainment center would be found in a small, isolated family area, a basement theater, or a large playroom/game space.
Custom Entertainment Center Design
Your family can have a custom entertainment center that creates flow and functions in a space that suits them. Here are some things to keep in mind when designing your custom entertainment center.
- How will your family use the room?
- What are you looking to store?
- On what do you want to be a focus?
- What are you trying to hide?
- Do you prefer open shelves or drawers?
These are just some of the questions you can ask to narrow down your choices. You can then refine your options based on the answers. The cost of entertainment centers will vary depending on what materials you use, how big the unit is, and which options you include.
Living Room Entertainment Center Ideas
Living rooms are a different space than great rooms and should have unique entertainment center design ideas. The living room is typically more private and formal, so it’s more informal. A great room, on the other hand, is more popular in open-concept homes where it’s part of the kitchen or even the dining area. To avoid making the living room a focal point, entertainment centers in the living room should be subtler and less intrusive.
Custom Entertainment Center Ideas
It is important to think about how your family will use the space, and what you need to store it in when you start looking for entertainment centers ideas. This room will be used for gatherings and may need to host a range of activities, such as board games or high-tech gaming. Are you a collector of vinyl albums or DVDs? Do you want the lighting to be integrated into your display areas? These are just some of the questions you should ask when considering customizing entertainment centers.
Here Are Some Things To Consider When Designing Your Entertainment Center
These are the questions to ask when designing your entertainment center.
- What’s the purpose of the room, you ask?
- What are you keeping in your entertainment center?
- Which style do you find most appealing?
- Do you have any other cabinets that could be used in the same room?
- Are you looking for it to be the focal point of your space or to blend in with the surrounding environment?
- It will it be a wall-sized unit or a smaller unit that can stand on its own?
- How do you store your items?
- Do you require easy access to specific elements?
- This could be used to host a gaming entertainment center.
- Are there special arrangements that you require for ventilation, plugs, or other structural elements?
- What location will you plug your equipment in? Are you able to conceal the wiring or add plugs?
- Are you looking to include lighting?
- Are you deciding whether it should be stained or painted?
- Are you happy for your TV and other components to be visible or hidden?
- How small are your televisions and electronic equipment?
- How will you mount your TV?
- Who will use the entertainment center most? Do they have any special requirements to get in or out?
- What equipment will you require in the future to support your business?
- Are you more comfortable with cabinets, drawers, or open shelving?
These questions will help you ensure that your custom home entertainment center meets all your needs.
Built-in Vs. Ideas For Floating Entertainment Centers
A built-in custom home entertainment center entertainment will be integrated into the room. They offer ample storage and display possibilities. These centers are permanent and can be integrated into the walls.
Floating entertainment centers are useful for many reasons. The main reason floating entertainment centers are less intrusive in a room is because they don’t take up much space. This setup would typically see the TV suspended from the wall along with any surrounding shelves or cabinets. This design has minimal impact on floor space as the cabinets and shelving are very low, as well as being off the ground entirely.
Custom Built Home Entertainment Centers
Different families have different definitions of entertainment. We can help you design your custom entertainment center. Home custom entertainment centers are functional in design, space, storage, and function. You can order a built-in entertainment center or custom TV stands to fulfill all four of these requirements. You can have things made to your specifications, which is something that no ready-made product can match.
Contact The French Refinery Today For Custom Entertainment Centers
The French Refinery works closely with homeowners in Tampa, Land O Lakes, and the surrounding area to design custom entertainment centers, custom closet cabinets, custom bathroom cabinets, and storage systems. For more information and to schedule a free consultation in your home, contact us today.