Many home cooks have many items they need to store in their kitchen cabinets. You’ll be able to save money by knowing what you have and be less likely to purchase duplicates. It can also save time in the kitchen, meal planning, and creating grocery lists. These are some easy and useful tips on how to organize kitchen cabinets.
Declutter Your Kitchen Cabinets
The first step in organizing your kitchen cabinets is to declutter them. This can be done before you even consider buying cabinet storage solutions.
Make sure you have a garbage bin and a place to store items that you are donating or selling. Next, empty your cabinets. Take each item out of your cabinets and decide if you want to throw it away, donate it, sell it, or keep it. Before you start to tackle your keep pile, get rid of all the junk and boxes.
Organize Your Kitchen Items
It’s now time to organize kitchen cabinets. It is important to organize the items in a way that will make sense for your family’s use of the kitchen. You don’t need to be too concerned about the appearance of your Tampa kitchen cabinets. Functionality is what matters most.
You can subdivide edible items into beverages, baking ingredients, snacks, and canned goods. Also, you can subdivide the cookware/dinnerware into cooking utensils and cutting boards, pots and pans, as well as plates, bowls, cups, glasses, and mugs.
Assign Items to Kitchen Cabinets
Take a step back and assess how your kitchen is used before you place everything. All of your kitchen equipment should be placed in the same place as where you use it most often. You can always move items around from the place you had them previously. If you find it easier to store your cooking spices in a cabinet near the stove, then you don’t need to put them in the pantry.
Consider which items are best stored in the upper or lower cabinets when you assign them to cabinets.
What Should You Store in the Upper Cabinets?
These kitchen items can be stored in upper cabinets.
- Food: Store food above your kitchen counter, which is the space that you use to prepare food. This will allow you to access your food while you cook. To make sure you don’t have any other kitchen items, use your pantry first for food storage.
- Dishes and glasses: To make it easy to put away dishes and glasses, place them over your drying rack or dishwasher.
- Cookbooks: Keep cookbooks out of sight since you won’t reach for them as often.
- Food storage containers: Place food storage containers above the counter space that you use to fill them with food.
What Should You Store in the Lower Cabinets?
These items can be stored in the lower cabinets.
- Appliances: Keep baking sheets, pots, and pans in a lower cupboard near your stove. If you have separate ovens, keep baking sheets close to the stove.
- Pots, pans, and baking sheets: To save space, nest pots together. To store pots vertically, either uses nesting pans or a rack that can fit in the cabinet. To maximize space, a rack is useful to store lids and baking sheets vertically.
- Cutting boards and mixing bowls: Store these items in a lower cabinet, as close as possible to the drying rack or dishwasher for easy storage.
- Kitchen cleaning supplies: Store kitchen cleaning supplies in a lower cupboard, preferably under your sink.
Keep Your Cabinet Organization in Order
You have put in the effort to organize cabinets. Now you need to ensure that everyone in your home keeps them organized. Make sure everyone knows where their items are. If everyone is having trouble following the system, you should label containers, storage bins, or cabinet doors.
Keep everything tidy after use. Turn food labels so that they face out. You can also stack dinnerware according to type and size. This will encourage you and your family to organize the cabinets.
Keep Your Home Organized With Custom Kitchen Cabinets
If you are looking to keep your home and kitchen organized, it is time to consider custom kitchen cabinetry. The best way to improve your home organization is through custom cabinets. It is time you call professional Tampa kitchen cabinet makers to help you make the right choices.
The French Refinery is excited to offer custom kitchen cabinets and has created them by using only the best quality materials and finishes. We will continue to strive to provide the highest level of service when it comes to our custom cabinets while maintaining the lowest prices possible in order to serve you.
Services We Offer
- Custom Bathroom Cabinets
- Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Custom Entertainment Center
- Custom Closet Cabinets
- Custom Wall Treatment
- Custom Built Ins
- Custom Mudroom
- And more…
The French Refinery quickly built a name and reputation for high-end Tampa cabinetry with quality craftsmanship and attention to fine detail. We are proud to serve the Tampa Bay area and the surrounding communities! Contact us now for a FREE estimate!